Old 05-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Steve

Default Large Wooden Nuts

Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?
VMT
Steve
Old 06-12-2002, 09:02 AM
Martin & Anna Sykes

If someone has back-issues of 'The Garden' ( the RHS magazine), and could
look it up, I'm sure I saw an advert in a recent issue which showed a large
wooden walnut in a woodland setting. I'm afraid I don't have a copy myself
as I only get to read it when I visit my in-laws.

Martin

Old 06-12-2002, 11:34 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Steve
writes
Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?

there's been a group in the Green Fields at the Glastonbury Festival
selling wood sculptures like that for several years. Unfortunately, when
I just searched google on 'uk wood sculpture' all it returned were
artists producing mega-expensive works of great detail.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/
Old 06-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Peter Charles Fagg

Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?
VMT
Steve

Steve as regards the Acorns try asking about a local woodturning club.
Since I do not know where you are located you could visit the
Association of Woodturners of Great Britain site on
http://www.woodturners.co.uk/ and then click on branches, it might be
that you could get them cheaper.

Regards,
Peter Charles Fagg
Freshwater, Isle of Wight,
United Kingdom.
www.petersplatters.co.uk
Each can do but little!
But if each DID that little,
ALL would be done!
Old 06-12-2002, 06:38 PM
JennyC

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden

nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?
VMT
Steve

I find myself tempted to say "Beningbrough Hall" :~))

However Google threw up the artist who made the ones you saw :
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/moresculpture.htm

Jenny

Old 06-12-2002, 11:18 PM
snafu steve

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?
VMT
Steve

Just for a moment there when I saw your header, I thought you were going to
ask where you could get a large wooden spanner.

Steve

Old 07-12-2002, 08:48 AM
david

I'm still waiting for the sighting of a large wooden squirrel.......

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 07-12-2002, 11:06 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , JennyC
writes
"Steve" wrote in message
. com...
Whilst visting Beningbrough Hall garden in Yorkshire this summer I
noticed some wooden garden sculpture in the form of large wooden

nuts
(ie Acorns Chestnuts etc)about 3 ft high.
Anybody know where I can buy such a beast?

I find myself tempted to say "Beningbrough Hall" :~))

However Google threw up the artist who made the ones you saw :
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/moresculpture.htm

They look rather more carefully crafted than the ones I've seen at
Glasto' - more pricey too though.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Chris Stewart

"david" wrote in message
I'm still waiting for the sighting of a large wooden squirrel.......

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Is that the squirrel with the large wooden nuts?? :-)
Chris S

Old 09-12-2002, 08:00 PM
david

"Is that the squirrel with the large wooden nuts?? :-)
Chris S
cant be, the nuts are in the garden

--
David Hill