Old 28-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Chris Hogg

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:22:44 GMT, "suspicious minds"
wrote:

Nice site that explains about molecule clusters in water which apparently
can exist

http://www.chem1.com/acad/sci/abou****er.html
"Clustered", "Unclustered" and other structure-altered watersThe
"alternative" health market is full of goofy products which purport to alter
the structure of water by stabilizing groups of H2O molecules into permanent
clusters of 4-8 molecules, or alternatively, to break up what they claim are
the larger clusters (usually 10-15 molecules) that they say normally exist
in water. The object in either case is to promote the flow of water into the
body's cells ("cellular hydration"). This is of course utter nonsense; there
is no credible scientific evidence for any of these claims, many of which
verge on the bizarre. There are even some scientifically absurd U.S. Patents
for the manufacture of a "clustered" form of water. At least 20
manufacturers offer nostrums of this kind to the scientifically-naive public
through hundreds of Web sites and late-night radio "infomercials". None of
these claims is supported by credible evidence.

Reminds me of 'polywater', which was the buzz of the scientific world
about thirty years ago. After extensive research and no doubt much
expenditure, it turned out to be traces of silicone grease from the
glass stopcocks on the apparatus, IIRC.

--
Chris

Old 28-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered User

Quote "alternative" health market is full of goofy products which purport to alter the structure of water by stabilizing groups of H2O molecules into permanent clusters of 4-8 molecules, or alternatively, to break up what they claim are the larger clusters (usually 10-15 molecules) that they say normally exist in water". end Quote

I was demonstrating my membrane osmosis houseplant watering technology at an inventors show a couple of years back and was approached by a woman who tried to convince me of the benefits of this new "healthier" water - for plants. She even tried to get me to drink! I did a bit of research and found that the water was just passed through a ceramic filter which they claimed was polarised or magnetised or similar - thus imparting similar properties to the water. I'm a chemist and work with hydrogels so know a bit about water structures. The claims were nonsense and the company behind this particular water were really promoting a type of pyramid selling scheme.

Anyways - If yer tap water's no good just use some good, healthy Scottish mineral water ;-) Chris
Old 29-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Chris_Moran contains these words:

Anyways - If yer tap water's no good just use some good, healthy
Scottish mineral water ;-)

I wish! What comes out of my tap IS good healthy Scottish mineral
water, from a limestone bore deep under a rural island, deserted
hillside, with zero chance of industrial, agricultural or human
pollution. Sadly, it's then contaminated with an EEC dose of chlorine
added at the public water-destruction works. Smells and tastes like
swimmingpool.

We filter all our drinking and cooking water, and the water used on
houseplants.

People here who still enjoy a chemical-free private water supply have
just been told that if they supply it to the public (paying guests or
clients) it must comply with EEC standards, determined by an annual
test at the owner's expense (£600).

Janet. (Isle of Arran)
Old 29-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Totty

Janet Baraclough wrote:

People here who still enjoy a chemical-free private water supply have
just been told that if they supply it to the public (paying guests or
clients) it must comply with EEC standards, determined by an annual
test at the owner's expense (=A3600).

I have friends who live in a small rural Spanish community whose water
supply is gravity fed from a communal tank. Said tank is filled with
pure sweet water from a privately owned, deep water well. The owner of
this well has neatly sidestepped this EU directive by personally
delivering a letter to each homeowner informing them that his water is
unsuitable for human consumption and should only be used for sanitary
purposes, while verbally re-assuring them that he will continue to
supply water fit for the king.

Jo