Old 30-01-2005, 08:07 PM
David

Default Jasminum Officinale

For the past two years I haven't bad any flowers on my jasmine. It's in a
sheltered position, full sun. Does anyone have any advice, please, on how
to persuade it to flower this summer?

Thanks.

Old 30-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
David wrote:
For the past two years I haven't bad any flowers on my jasmine. It's in a
sheltered position, full sun. Does anyone have any advice, please, on how
to persuade it to flower this summer?

No, but I can offer sympathy. My experience is the same.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-01-2005, 12:51 AM
David

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
For the past two years I haven't bad any flowers on my jasmine. It's in

sheltered position, full sun. Does anyone have any advice, please, on

how
to persuade it to flower this summer?

No, but I can offer sympathy. My experience is the same.

Nick, do you do anything (or not do anything) with it? One year I pruned it
a bit, the next year I didn't prune at all - one year I fed it loads,
another year I didn't feed it at all - no results whatever I do. This year
I plan on just pruning out the dead wood, and I plan on feeding it as much
as possible from early spring onwards.

I'll let you know the results.

Old 31-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Tom Abnett

"David" wrote in message
For the past two years I haven't bad any flowers on my jasmine. It's in a
sheltered position, full sun. Does anyone have any advice, please, on how
to persuade it to flower this summer?

Thanks.

My jasmine has been one of my few successes.
I bought a small one in flower around christmas time in 2002. Repotted it in
spring and left it in a very sheltered position (sheltered from the sun as
well as the rest of the weather until late autumn 2003. I brought it into
the warmth of the kitchen (not that warm) around this time and it flowered
for me just after christmas. Did the same the following year and it is
currently rewarding me with the most delicious smelling flowers. Which is
all the better for it being such a dismal time of the year.
Sorry this is no use to someone who has it planted in the ground. Do be
aware, as you mentioned the full sun, of the problem of frost and early
sunlight damaging flower buds. I dont know the full story i am just aware it
is an issue.
sarah a