Old 04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Broadback

Default New "Grow your own" magazine, any experience?

Just received a mail drop (which I 99.99% ignore) but it caught my eye.
A new magazine Grow Your Own, it looks good, but will it taste good?
Has anyone any experience of it, or views.
TIA
Old 04-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Bob Hobden

"Broadback" wrote ...
Just received a mail drop (which I 99.99% ignore) but it caught my eye. A
new magazine Grow Your Own, it looks good, but will it taste good? Has
anyone any experience of it, or views.

Got to go some to outdo "The Kitchen Garden" which is an excellent magazine
for veg growers.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 05-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Broadback

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Since I haven't read GYO, my views are completely unbiased and
therefore extra valid. Broadback should definitely follow the advice on
page 5, buy the special offer, and purchase a gift subscription for
someone who hasn't read the magazine and lives in Scotland.

I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Hmmm, now who do I know who lives in Scotland!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Some magazines are better boiled and turned into papier mache.........
in particular the last three years of Gardening Which
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , shazzbat
writes
And how long did it take for them to give up on you and stop the mailshots?

:-))

Steve

They don't send me any more mailshots thank goodness but they haven't
yet stopped me receiving the newsletter from the Chiltern gardening
group section so I continue to receive that at least