Old 05-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Noodle Doo

Default Sulphur Candle

Can I leave standard pot grown fuchias (10 year old plants) in my greenhouse
when using a sulphur candle to sterilize my greenhouse.

SH

Old 06-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Noodle Doo
writes
Can I leave standard pot grown fuchias (10 year old plants) in my
greenhouse when using a sulphur candle to sterilize my greenhouse.

SH

I thought those candle things had been banned? I had two that I used
last year for trying to control red spider mite but the garden centre
said they had been withdrawn, so couldn't get any more. Is a sulphur
candle not the same?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Noodle Doo

No a sulphur candle is not the same as a smoke cone that you were using.
Sulphur candles are a kill all which includes plants. However, vines/peach
trees are usually ok if they are dormant when used.

SH

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Noodle Doo
writes

Sulphur Candle? SH United Kingdom 14 01-02-2004 09:51 AM
Sulphur Candle? SH United Kingdom 1 31-01-2004 03:33 PM
Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book John T. Jarrett Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
[IBC] Lime Sulphur Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 2 29-03-2003 12:44 PM
where to get flowers of sulphur ken sands United Kingdom 7 17-01-2003 08:31 PM