Old 11-12-2002, 04:16 AM
Marcus Fox

Default Ants...

Any way to prevent these appearing in the summer? Usually I don't mind the
odd nest or two, but there are hordes of them, and every summer I get bitten
at least a dozen times.

Marcus

Old 11-12-2002, 09:30 PM
trevor.appleton

Our local radio expert has no offers of remedies. We have swarms of them
under every paving slab and flower pot and even in flower pots. I get bit as
often as you.

The usual control is borax and sugar I believe.

---

Old 12-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Martin & Anna Sykes

There's not a lot you can do. For the short term you can kill them, but as
you say they are everywhere. Each time you kill a colony it just leaves a
space for some more to move in.

Martin.

Old 12-12-2002, 11:28 AM

Buy an anteater they are great pets.

Old 14-12-2002, 11:13 AM

I heard there are 1 billion ants to every person in the world that means
your way out numbered better get used to living with them.

Old 19-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Peter Stockdale

Gosh - that many !!

Now we can all have a clearer consience when we use ant powder to rid a few
hundred of them from critical areas.
--
Peter Stockdale
Nanneys Bridge Nursey-Church Minshull

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
ants in worm farm Mousie Australia 8 02-04-2003 10:20 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM