Old 14-12-2002, 10:53 AM
MC Emily

Default knobbling a buddlea tree

Where abouts are you, then?

Jaqy

"Alan Holmes" wrote

If you weren't so far away you could have one of mine

Old 14-12-2002, 09:33 PM

In the USA we call it a butterfly bush and I have 3 red, white and
purple and they attract 100s of butterflys why in the world would anyone
want to kill this marvalous plant is beyond me.

Old 15-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article ,
writes
In the USA we call it a butterfly bush and I have 3 red, white and
purple and they attract 100s of butterflys why in the world would anyone
want to kill this marvalous plant is beyond me.

because here in the UK, though we have wonderful named varieties, we
also have the comparatively dull mauve wild variety which seeds itself
freely into waste ground and grows large - and this is the one people
are complaining about.

And we are also a very overcrowded country, so with small gardens we
have to make sure every single plant counts!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

I must admit I rather like the dull mauve one although you certainly do
have to keep a lookout for seedlings coming up in inconvenient places.
It does get big but you can keep the base clear so that you've got
growing room under it and because it's fairly airy,its shde isn't too
dense.
Some of the cultivars seem a bit top heavy to me.

Janet G
Old 15-12-2002, 06:58 PM
HaaRoy

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:25:48 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In article , HaaRoy
writes
what will kill of this damned thing ?

I've seen them killed by waterlogging, but I don't suppose you can apply
this to order.

just leave the hosepipe running for a day or 2 at the base of the
plant ??