GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Home Butterflies! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/89569-home-butterflies.html)

GreenFingers 07-02-2005 10:06 PM

Home Butterflies!

Has anyone experienced these new butterfly production kits that are now available? I saw the ones on just green website (www.just-green.com) and thought I might give it a go this year.

Bob Hobden 08-02-2005 03:26 PM

"GreenFingers" wrote

Has anyone experienced these new butterfly production kits that are now
available? I saw the ones on just green website (www.just-green.com)
and thought I might give it a go this year.

You're a gardener and you want to breed Large (Cabbage) Whites!!!!? Aren't
there enough about already?
--
Regards
Bob

ned 08-02-2005 09:10 PM

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"GreenFingers" wrote

Has anyone experienced these new butterfly production kits that

are now
available? I saw the ones on just green website

(www.just-green.com)
and thought I might give it a go this year.

You're a gardener and you want to breed Large (Cabbage) Whites!!!!?

Aren't
there enough about already?

Never enough.
If they devour a row of cabbages, plant two rows.
Delight in nature. Don't fight it. ;-)

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.12.2004

Spider 09-02-2005 03:28 PM

ned wrote in message ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"GreenFingers" wrote

Has anyone experienced these new butterfly production kits that

are now
available? I saw the ones on just green website

(www.just-green.com)
and thought I might give it a go this year.

You're a gardener and you want to breed Large (Cabbage) Whites!!!!?

Aren't
there enough about already?

Never enough.
If they devour a row of cabbages, plant two rows.
Delight in nature. Don't fight it. ;-)

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.12.2004

Hear! Hear! I love every butterfly I see. Can't get too many.

Spider

GreenFingers 09-02-2005 09:42 PM

Just what I thought! Summer wouldn't be the same without butterflies and I'd certainly sacrifice a few plants to feed their caterpillars!

These Butterfly Production kits appear to use an artificial diet and they are not just for white butterflies. They do the painted lady kits as well. See here http://www.just-green.com/prodtype.a...eHisto ry=cat

GreenFingers 09-02-2005 09:44 PM

[quote=GreenFingers]Just what I thought! Summer wouldn't be the same without butterflies and I'd certainly sacrifice a few plants to feed their caterpillars!

These Butterfly Production kits appear to use an artificial diet and they are not just for white butterflies. They do the painted lady kits as well. See here [url]http://www.just-green.com[url]

Here's a picture http://www.just-green.com/uploads/im...oducts/217.jpg