GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Alpine plants in Scotland (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/89670-re-alpine-plants-scotland.html)

SteveC 10-02-2005 11:06 AM

Alpine plants in Scotland

Having moved to scotland recently I am trying to find good alpine plants
that will grow. I had just about got to grips with them when living in
England. Will it make much difference due to cooler climates etc now, or
can anyone with a keen interest advise me accordingly.

Thanks

Steve C

SteveC 10-02-2005 03:39 PM

In the drier parts of Scotland they're more likely to thrive in the
open (Edinburgh Botanical gardens for example).....snip

ty for that information is actually quite encouraging especially as I am
only about 10 miles out of Edinburgh. So I will continue to battle on in
this colder & wetter climate.

Thanks again

Steve C