Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Name that Plant - Please

There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It is
not deciduous and has looked nice all winter but has just started
putting on spurt. Its flowers which appear in Spring are
insignificant, like a small yellow/grey pod but not bright yellow. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
JennyC

wrote in message
There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It is
not deciduous and has looked nice all winter but has just started
putting on spurt. Its flowers which appear in Spring are
insignificant, like a small yellow/grey pod but not bright yellow. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?

Might is be Corydalis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/walk_thr...op_up_15.shtml
Jenny

Old 13-02-2005, 03:29 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:42:46 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 11/2/05 17:54, in article ,
" wrote:

There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It is
not deciduous and has looked nice all winter but has just started
putting on spurt. Its flowers which appear in Spring are
insignificant, like a small yellow/grey pod but not bright yellow. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?

Can you tell us how big it is and where you live? Your remark that it's not
deciduous leads me to think you're talking of a shrub. In which case, could
it be Coronilla?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I am in the North West. I can't imagine it being described as a shrub,
more a herbaceous perennial except that it does not die down in
winter. The leaves are quite lovely, delicate with lacily cut shape.
The flower really is incidental and very small. In one brick built
trough where there is a slow growing conifer in the middle it is
growing like mad in the soil at the side, maybe because there is a lot
of good home made compost in there. Diana
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 13-02-2005, 03:32 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:03:30 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

wrote in message
There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It is
not deciduous and has looked nice all winter but has just started
putting on spurt. Its flowers which appear in Spring are
insignificant, like a small yellow/grey pod but not bright yellow. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?

Might is be Corydalis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/walk_thr...op_up_15.shtml
Jenny

Thank you Jenny. No I don't think it is Corydalis as I have just looked at pictures of those.

There are about eight of those on the MAVICA plant images site (its
great for looking up plants). The Corydalis flower is much larger -
rather lovely. See the message above. The flower really is
inconspicuous.

Old 13-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Cuddly

Cuddly wrote:
When you touch the flowers does yellow dye come of them?

sorry not the flowers at all...when you cut the stems does yellow dye come
out?

Old 16-02-2005, 07:04 PM

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:01:28 -0000, "Cuddly"
wrote:

Cuddly wrote:
When you touch the flowers does yellow dye come of them?

sorry not the flowers at all...when you cut the stems does yellow dye come
out?

I have not really cut the stems as, when they are somewhere I don't
want them to be, I just yank them out. The flower, which should not
really be called that as it is so small, is just like a little pod, a
dirty yellow with a grey blob on one side. Not to worry, I like the
plant so it can stay. It has such attractive foliage.

Old 16-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?
Helleborus viridus ?

Old 19-02-2005, 11:50 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:39:49 +0000, Eyebright
wrote:

Wrote:
There is a plant I grew from an un-named packet from the HPS and I'd
really like to know what it is. It has beautiful foliage - almost
lacy, and delicate. Its pale green and obviously very hardy. It
seeds itself all over the place.
Any ideas please?

Helleborus viridus ?

--
Eyebright

No, just had a look on the Mavica images site but there was none of
that name just one called Helleborus lividus and its definitely not
that. Thank you anyway.
Diana