Old 12-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Kate Morgan

Default windy day

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:10 PM
MM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:28:41 GMT, Kate Morgan
wrote:

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

I had to rush out to buy bamboo canes to support newly planted Gold
Crest shrubs, as they were leaning over in the wind at 45 degrees.

MM
Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Kate Morgan

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

I had to rush out to buy bamboo canes to support newly planted Gold
Crest shrubs, as they were leaning over in the wind at 45 degrees.

MM

I spoke too soon, the rains came and the place is sodden again :-(
Gold Crest is one of my favourites.
kate
Old 12-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Rod

wrote:

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

No damage in the garden but I've been on Moel Famau this afternoon and
some of the Sitka Spruces in the Forestry plantations have blown over,
also in one exposed place the trees are just flayed - all smaller
branches and twigs are white skeletons. This has happened since last
weekend, most likely last night.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I

weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage

done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out

rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

I had to rush out to buy bamboo canes to support newly planted

Gold
Crest shrubs, as they were leaning over in the wind at 45 degrees.

MM

I spoke too soon, the rains came and the place is sodden again :-(
Gold Crest is one of my favourites.

What is Gold Crest? I thought it was a bird.

Franz

Old 13-02-2005, 10:17 AM
McCready

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

It's now Sunday and the wind is still blowing in Bristol.

Old 13-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Kate Morgan

The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

It's now Sunday and the wind is still blowing in Bristol.

we are just across the river and we have huge hailstones or summat
perhaps it is coming your way :-)
Old 13-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Kate Morgan

snip
I spoke too soon, the rains came and the place is sodden again :-(
Gold Crest is one of my favourites.

What is Gold Crest? I thought it was a bird.

Franz

Cupressus Macrocarpa Goldcrest, I should have made goldcrest one word.
Old 13-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Sacha

On 13/2/05 9:17, in article ,
"McCready" wrote:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
The wind is coming up the Bristol Channel with some force, I weigh
10stn. and have been blown over twice this morning, no damage done :-)
The plus side of all this is that the ground is drying out rapidly.
kate
Sth. Glos.

It's now Sunday and the wind is still blowing in Bristol.

It's horrible here. Very gusty going up to very strong, threatening sky with
the odd patch of sun, very, very nasty. We are going to the Caribbean on
Thursday and I can't *wait*!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 13-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:17:17 GMT, "McCready"
wrote:

It's now Sunday and the wind is still blowing in Bristol.

And I guess we will not have dry soil for a very long while now, but
no hailstones in Keynsham so far, Kate. The river Chew was as high
yesterday as I've seen it for a long while; must be higher now.

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:46:23 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We are going to the Caribbean on
Thursday and I can't *wait*!

Let's all go! Have a great time Sacha.

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Kate Morgan

We are going to the Caribbean on
Thursday and I can't *wait*!

Let's all go! Have a great time Sacha.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks, Pam. It's a Big Adventure for both of us. Now what a good idea
you've had - urg-on-a-cruise! ;-)

that would be fun :-) spare us all a thought, on second thoughts you
will have better things to do, have a good one :-)