Old 19-02-2005, 12:08 PM
JennyC

Default Streptocarpus cuttings?

One of my Streptocarpus Streptocarpella plants was looking decidedly unwell so I
finally tipped it out of it's pot today.... and behold the dreaded Vine Weevil !

I've dumped the earth and taken cuttings. I've put half of them in water and the
other half in cutting compost on a warm windowsill.

Which method works best for other URG'ers ?

jenny

Old 19-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Rod

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:58:17 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Which method works best for other URG'ers ?

Leaf cuttings, set in rows in gritty compost.

That's what we normally do but prefer to do it in late summer/early
autumn, then we don't need to overwinter any old plants and their
accompanying vine weevils - it also saves greenhouse space.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 20-02-2005, 03:09 PM
JennyC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

One of my Streptocarpus Streptocarpella plants was looking decidedly
unwell so I
finally tipped it out of it's pot today.... and behold the dreaded
Vine Weevil !

I've dumped the earth and taken cuttings. I've put half of them in
water and the
other half in cutting compost on a warm windowsill.

Which method works best for other URG'ers ?

Leaf cuttings, set in rows in gritty compost.

Janet

Hi Janet.
I think you mean the large leaved Streptocarpus?
Mine is a fleshy drooping type.........
Jenny

Old 20-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Rod

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:09:21 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

One of my Streptocarpus Streptocarpella plants was looking decidedly
unwell so I
finally tipped it out of it's pot today.... and behold the dreaded
Vine Weevil !

I've dumped the earth and taken cuttings. I've put half of them in
water and the
other half in cutting compost on a warm windowsill.

Which method works best for other URG'ers ?

Leaf cuttings, set in rows in gritty compost.

Janet

Hi Janet.
I think you mean the large leaved Streptocarpus?
Mine is a fleshy drooping type.........
Jenny

Soft tip cuttings like you've just done should be fine. I like to pop
the tray or pot into a polythene bag to keep the atmosphere humid
around the cuttings - but watch the temperature if it's a sunny
window. You know all this anyway:-)
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Caterpillar on Streptocarpus Ted United Kingdom 5 16-01-2019 09:48 PM
Streptocarpus Tops United Kingdom 0 20-07-2008 10:20 AM
Streptocarpus Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 10-03-2008 04:19 PM
Streptocarpus & aphids. Paul Waites United Kingdom 3 20-07-2005 09:58 PM
Streptocarpus Olga Gardening 1 06-12-2003 02:42 AM