GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A tree in church (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9005-re-tree-church.html)

JennyC 19-12-2002 03:50 PM

A tree in church

"David Rose" wrote in message
A big thank you to one and all - every message has been positive

and, when
the inevitable committee meets early next month, I am sure we can

find a way
forward. I admit to a personal preference to David Hill's 'dead'

tree, but
we shall see.

Yes, Mary, do come along whenever your are in Darlington. Grange

Road
Baptist Church is the place - not yet a 24/7 church, but aiming that

way as
we work with many homeless and others at the margins of our local

society.

David Rose

I have a 'dead tree' christmas tree this year :~)) Looks great !

Maybe you could contact some of the big department stores window
dressing units to see if they have a 'dead tree' they might be willing
to donate after Xmas ??

Or maybe someone in the community could carve or make one from -
welded steel might look good. Could be a project for a local
school/training college ?

Jenny

Kay Easton 19-12-2002 05:13 PM

A tree in church

In article , JennyC
writes

Or maybe someone in the community could carve or make one from -
welded steel might look good. Could be a project for a local
school/training college ?

There's one in our local supermarket - only a tiny one though - but you
can add 'leaves' to it with wishes or prayers for loved ones.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

Mary Fisher 19-12-2002 06:28 PM

A tree in church

"David Rose" wrote in message

Yes, Mary, do come along whenever your are in Darlington. Grange Road
Baptist Church is the place - not yet a 24/7 church, but aiming that way

as
we work with many homeless and others at the margins of our local society.

If I'd known back in July when Spouse was having a hip replacement at
Woodlands I would have done, but I'll bear it in mind anyway for if we go
back to the brick train.

Mary

David Rose

[my original message removed]

Mary Fisher 19-12-2002 06:33 PM

A tree in church

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I'll bear it in mind anyway for if we go
back to the brick train.

Mary

How about a brick tree?

Drakanthus 19-12-2002 07:43 PM

A tree in church

The problem
isn't the temperature or the lack of direct sunlight, but the
continual gloom in a typical traditional church.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,

I know what you mean. Being subjected to all those gloomy services every
week would be enough to kill anything ;-)

Drakanthus.