Old 22-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Beachcomber

Default Daffodils

Picked my first three daffodils today. They were a lovely surprise. Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

--
Outgoing email certified virus free
Checked by Norton Antivirus 2003

Old 22-12-2002, 11:20 PM
trevor.appleton

Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

my nasties went in Wednesday nights minus 4.6 C here

Trevor
East Yorkshire

---

Old 24-12-2002, 04:19 PM
cormaic

'Twas Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:40:41 +0000 (UTC), when "Beachcomber"
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

Picked my first three daffodils today. They were a lovely surprise. Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

A short length of Bidens ferrulifoliae, growing in a windy box
outside the bathroom window, has been accidentally trapped the last
time someone closed said window, and is thriving in the warmth and
humidity engendered by two daughters, who spend at least half their
day in there doing god knows what. It produced buds over the weekend
and is now in flower. :~)

In the windy box outside my study window, Nemesia 'Confetti'
is *still* flowering, and has been, non-stop, since March 2000.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk
Old 29-12-2002, 05:00 AM
WM Morgan

Did a Google Groups search using "East Yorkshire," and turned up your
message. This is off-topic.

I live in Ellisville, Miss., USA. Found an odd charge on my bank
statement from July 1st this year:

07/01 185.94 POS DEBIT WP-WORLDWIDE POS EAST YORKSHIRE
GB

That's 121.47 British pounds, for that date's exchange rate. (POS =
Point-of-Sale, I think.)

I've never been to the UK, and never bought anything from there.

You're in East Yorkshire - any idea who is or what is "WP-Worldwide" ?

Old 29-12-2002, 02:37 PM
CJ

"World Pay" I think - a payment/collection/transfer facility via the
internet.

Regards

Chris Lovett
Surrey, UK

--
"...The myth that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead

~Douglas Adams~

om...

Old 29-12-2002, 02:38 PM
CJ

But why/how have you reached this NG?

Old 29-12-2002, 11:46 PM
trevor.appleton

"WM Morgan" wrote in message
om...
Did a Google Groups search using "East Yorkshire," and turned up your
message. This is off-topic.

I live in Ellisville, Miss., USA. Found an odd charge on my bank
statement from July 1st this year:

07/01 185.94 POS DEBIT WP-WORLDWIDE POS EAST YORKSHIRE

He seems to have picked up my posting to URG and taken the newsgroup as my e
mail address.

---

Old 01-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Vera Gade

In article , cormaic
wrote:

[...]

I know what they are doing, Cormaic. They are making up for a goodish
competition to all the other lovely flowers around you! I can only offer
you the sparkling ice-flowers on my new glazed patio - minus 18 degrees
outside and atleast 30 cm of snow.
Happy new year - every day a new gift.
Vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE

Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin* [email protected] North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
Voles ate Our Daffodils !! John Nolan United Kingdom 4 14-04-2003 11:45 PM
Daffodils drooping Mceezee Gardening 2 02-04-2003 02:32 AM
Daffodils Mceezee Gardening 4 19-03-2003 10:08 AM
Wimpy Daffodils :-( Bippy North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 09:44 PM