GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where can I buy Wallflowers now ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9043-where-can-i-buy-wallflowers-now.html)

groundhog 29-12-2002 11:52 AM

Where can I buy Wallflowers now ??

Unfortunately forgot to buy Wallflowers a couple of months ago - now
every where I go says you can't get them now.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get them on the Web etc ??

I need them to be flowering this year - is it possible to buy them in
pots when they've started flowering ??

Thanks

sacha 29-12-2002 12:09 PM

Where can I buy Wallflowers now ??

in article , groundhog at
wrote on 29/12/02 11:52 am:

Unfortunately forgot to buy Wallflowers a couple of months ago - now
every where I go says you can't get them now.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get them on the Web etc ??

I need them to be flowering this year - is it possible to buy them in
pots when they've started flowering ??

You're extremely unlikely to find any plants now. They're usually sold in
late autumn and planted out immediately. Your best chance is to ring around
all your local nurseries and gcs and ask them if they have any potted up
that they're likely to sell you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sue & Bob Hobden 29-12-2002 06:08 PM

"groundhog" wrote in message
Unfortunately forgot to buy Wallflowers a couple of months ago - now
every where I go says you can't get them now.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get them on the Web etc ??

I need them to be flowering this year - is it possible to buy them in
pots when they've started flowering ??

Anywhere near me? (Staines). Depends how many you want but I've got some in
rows on the allotment to provide flowers for the house come spring. Won't
miss a few.
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Hammerinexile 30-12-2002 10:42 AM

Where can I buy Wallflowers now ??

In article ,
(groundhog) wrote:

Unfortunately forgot to buy Wallflowers a couple of months ago - now
every where I go says you can't get them now.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get them on the Web etc ??

I need them to be flowering this year - is it possible to buy them in
pots when they've started flowering ??

Thanks

Since you don't say where you are I've no idea if this is useful but
Ayletts near St Albans had plenty yesterday (29-12-02).

--
Take out the caps in the email addy above to reply (well, duh).