Old 04-03-2005, 06:17 PM
John

Default Has ntl news servers packed up?

I cant see any posts, all groups are blank apart from the test email I sent.
Is anyone else having the same problem.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Bioboffin

John wrote:
I cant see any posts, all groups are blank apart from the test email
I sent. Is anyone else having the same problem.

They have been poor recently; particularly the binary newsgroups. The
text.news.ntlworld.com account is better.

There is more information, and some hope he

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

John.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Marcus Fox

"John" wrote in message
I cant see any posts, all groups are blank apart from the test email I

sent.
Is anyone else having the same problem.

Plenty of grumpy people on ntl.discussion.broadband.cm at the moment. One
topic of discussion is the newsgroup issue, which I (along with others)
raised there recently.

Marcus

Old 06-03-2005, 01:16 AM
John

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

"John" wrote in message
I cant see any posts, all groups are blank apart from the test email I

sent.
Is anyone else having the same problem.

Plenty of grumpy people on ntl.discussion.broadband.cm at the moment. One
topic of discussion is the newsgroup issue, which I (along with others)
raised there recently.

Marcus

I am on dial up, this and a test post is all I can see on here, its the same
with all the other forums.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Marcus Fox

"John" wrote in message

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

"John" wrote in message
I cant see any posts, all groups are blank apart from the test email I

sent.
Is anyone else having the same problem.

Plenty of grumpy people on ntl.discussion.broadband.cm at the moment.

One
topic of discussion is the newsgroup issue, which I (along with others)
raised there recently.

Marcus

I am on dial up, this and a test post is all I can see on here, its the

same
with all the other forums.

What is the server name of your news-server? If it is with NTL it should
give you all the NTL groups too. I had some probs with news all last week,
but things are starting to get back to normal.

Marcus

Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
John

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
I am on dial up, this and a test post is all I can see on here, its the

same
with all the other forums.

What is the server name of your news-server? If it is with NTL it should
give you all the NTL groups too. I had some probs with news all last week,
but things are starting to get back to normal.

Marcus

News.ntlworld.com, looks like a long way off from normal service here, all
groups are still blank, the server status says this has been resolved but it
will take a week for posts to appear, good old ntl bs.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Marcus Fox

"John" wrote in message

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
I am on dial up, this and a test post is all I can see on here, its

the
same
with all the other forums.

What is the server name of your news-server? If it is with NTL it should
give you all the NTL groups too. I had some probs with news all last

week,
but things are starting to get back to normal.

Marcus

News.ntlworld.com, looks like a long way off from normal service here, all
groups are still blank, the server status says this has been resolved but

it
will take a week for posts to appear, good old ntl bs.

Try text.news.ntlworld.com. I am now getting all recent posts on this
server, but it still seems to be the case that some posts from the problem
time are still missing.

Marcus

Old 12-03-2005, 02:29 PM
JennyC

"Magwitch" wrote

How very convenient indeed for HM Government. Today, the first day for 800
years, when you can be house arrested, without charge or even knowing why...
:-((

"But it's a free country innit guv?"

Jenny :~((

Old 12-03-2005, 11:43 PM