Old 01-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Keymoo

Default Is this "normal"?

Hi,

I have some daffodils popping up (about five inches high already). I also
have a clematis which has been flowering since November and still has buds
and flowers on it.

What's going on? Is this normal?

I live near Bedford.

--
Keymoo

reply to hom e at mark allison dot c o dot u k
(removing spaces, replace dot with . and replace at with @)

Old 01-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Keymoo writes
I have some daffodils popping up (about five inches high already). I also
have a clematis which has been flowering since November and still has buds
and flowers on it.

Some clematis are winter-flowering, so it may be normal, depending on
the variety.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 01-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Keymoo

The clematis flowered in June/July also. Not sure what variety it is. If I
had a digital camera I would take a picture of it, but I don't, so I won't.

--
Keymoo

: In article , Keymoo writes
:
: Some clematis are winter-flowering, so it may be normal, depending on
: the variety.
: --
: Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 01-01-2003, 09:04 PM
bnd777

I too have daffodils poking their heads through and summer clematis in
flower
It might have been wet and windy but its not been cold

==----------
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

=-----

Old 01-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"bnd777" wrote in message ...
I too have daffodils poking their heads through and summer clematis in
flower
It might have been wet and windy but its not been cold

Lots of Kniphofias flowering around here at the moment! Some summer bedding
fuchsias still flowering. Arum lilies regrown after early frost. Bulbs
coming up. Weird.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 02-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Emrys Davies

It's just that the unseasonable conditions are fooling the plants into
believing that it is time for them to be active and productive. Most
years, about March, they get a rude awakening with the Siberian winds
and reality is established.

Regards,
EmrysDavies.

"Keymoo" wrote in message
Hi,

I have some daffodils popping up (about five inches high already). I

also
have a clematis which has been flowering since November and still has

buds
and flowers on it.

What's going on? Is this normal?

I live near Bedford.

--
Keymoo

reply to hom e at mark allison dot c o dot u k
(removing spaces, replace dot with . and replace at with @)

==----------
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the

World!

Old 02-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Keymoo

On 02 Jan 2003, " Emrys Davies" wrote the following pearl
of wisdom:

It's just that the unseasonable conditions are fooling the plants into
believing that it is time for them to be active and productive. Most
years, about March, they get a rude awakening with the Siberian winds
and reality is established.

Regards,
EmrysDavies.

I planted over 400 spring bulbs last Autumn - tulips, daffs, crocuses and
snowdrops and I'm hoping that they don't all get wiped out by a v. cold
snap in Feb/March.

Even some tulips are poking their heads through now.

--
Keymoo

Old 02-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Jim W

Emrys Davies wrote:

It's just that the unseasonable conditions are fooling the plants into
believing that it is time for them to be active and productive. Most
years, about March, they get a rude awakening with the Siberian winds
and reality is established.

Yep, I concur.. This has been the 'norm' for the past 5 - 10 years..
The weather is a bit off from being 'regular', we should come to expect
it by now;-)
Wet winters, cold springs, odd summers and weird autumns!-)
//
Jim