Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Nicholas

Default In Aldi today

hi

Just thought I'd mention that in Aldi today they had packs of 15 F1 Geranium
plants for £1.49 IIRC and 24 Buzy Lizzies for the same price...

Bargain I thought.

Cheers

Nicholas
--
Nicholas Buttle - Quality Joinery and Cabinet Making
http://www.nbjoinery.net

Old 12-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Steve Harris

And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

Various garden tools, fertilisers, pots at low prices

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/
Old 12-03-2005, 07:08 AM
p00kie

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

Various garden tools, fertilisers, pots at low prices

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

They were selling various named varieties of roses too.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:01 PM
shazzbat

"p00kie" wrote in message
k...

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

I bought 3 pairs of the secateurs. I know they're not exactly high quality,
but when you lose them in the garden or leave them out in the rain, it hurts
less. I also bought an extending handled pruner. Now maybe I can prune the
berberis and pyracantha without doing myself more damage than the bushes.

Steve

Old 15-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered User

I bought one of those pruners as well! And some of their nice leather gardening gloves. I love Lidl - I have even signed up for their email newsletter. Sometimes they have ridiculous bargains.

Old 15-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Chris Potts

undergroundbob wrote:
I bought one of those pruners as well! And some of their nice leather
gardening gloves. I love Lidl - I have even signed up for their email
newsletter. Sometimes they have ridiculous bargains.

I agree! The small plastic cold frame was also very good.

Chris Potts

Water butts on offer at Aldi 5th March OG United Kingdom 9 07-03-2009 01:23 AM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 3 12-02-2004 11:37 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM