Old 15-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Magwitch

Kay muttered:

In article , Magwitch writes
Kay muttered:

And cut the broken stems into 6 inch pieces, making each bottom cut just
below a bud, and tick them all into a pot of soil. There is a remote
chance that one of them may root. It's a very remote chance, but you
never know.

I broke off a shoot of Glenfiddich last year and did the above and I've now
got a new rose... do I get a prize?

I was being very hesitant about chance of success because it's not the
right time of year for cuttings, and I wasn't sure whether there was any
chance of success if the cutting didn't have at least a bit of leaf.

When did you do yours? If it was this time of year, then that means
Rhiannon has a better chance of getting something to strike.

I think it must have been early or mid summer during one of my infrequent
weeding blitzes on the docks and bindweed.

Old 15-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Kay

[...]

Yes, that would make all the difference - they'd have been in leaf. They
strike easily at that time of year. I just don't know about now.

--
Kay

rosebush has pest - what is it? link to photo someone_else United Kingdom 0 25-07-2008 07:49 PM
Regional rosebush pruning time variations ? Uncle-C United Kingdom 0 22-02-2006 02:59 PM
hearty rosebush KrisW Roses 1 21-09-2003 11:43 PM
Parched rosebush NBeckm1186 United Kingdom 0 29-06-2003 11:21 PM
Starting a new climbing rosebush Rose Roses 38 19-06-2003 03:20 PM