GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9094-plant-id-please.html)

howard 08-01-2003 12:36 PM

Plant ID please

Anyone know what this flower is ? Tactus or something ?

It's in the area around Machu Picchu, Peru.

I presume the flower isn't part of the tree ?!

www.backfire.co.uk/peru/plantS.jpg

regards,

Howard.
howy.stone @ virgin.net

Cereoid+10 08-01-2003 04:19 PM

Plant ID please

Could be a Bromeliad but cannot be sure from the picture.
There are other rosulate plants besides Bromeliads in Peru.

fernando 08-01-2003 06:48 PM

Plant ID please

Hi. It seems to belong to Bromelia family. The picture is beautiful in terms
of frame and color but doesn´t help to identify more accurately the plant..

Best regards,

Nora
From Buenos Aires - Argentina

Steve 09-01-2003 04:26 AM

Plant ID please

Wendy wrote:
Looks like some type of Bromeliad to me? Nice photo too. Cheers Wendy

Wendy, I don't own a single Bromeliad but this plant has all red leaves.
The Bromeliads I have seen grew several leaves in some shade of green
then produced the colorful leaves when they approached blooming.
I don't have a better idea so maybe it is just a Bromeliad.

Steve

Cereoid+10 09-01-2003 04:38 AM

Plant ID please

Maybe the tree has gotten a woody?