Old 15-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Registered User

Location: south west france
Default guinee rose - pruning requirements

last year I planted a bare root Guinee rose (a climbing hybrid tea). It did quite well in its first year and had a few flowers. It is now about three feet high but looking a bit 'splindly' and has one very long stem which has far outgrown the others. However they are all showing new growth. My question is about pruning it - I have searched online but can't find specific information for pruning *climbing* hybrid teas. Do I need to prune it or should I just let it be and see what happens this year. The flowers are really beautiful with the most amazing scent, so I want as many as possible! I hope someone can help.

jay jay
Old 15-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Chris S

--
jay jay

Hi Jay jay ,
The link below should give you all the info you need - "google is your
friend", as others have said.

http://www.mc.edu/campus/users/nettl...l#FAQ_qa_prune

Chris S