Old 15-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Sacha

Default Query for Charlie Pridham

Charlie, a customer of ours told us the other day that you're holding a
Clematis Day at Hestercombe but I can't remember the date she gave us!
Could you post it, please?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Charlie, a customer of ours told us the other day that you're holding a
Clematis Day at Hestercombe but I can't remember the date she gave us!
Could you post it, please?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Have posted it under "Hestercombe clematis days"

Someone has already suggested it could be used as a sort of URG meet, I
shall be too busy to actually organise that, but it seems a good idea to
meet a few more of you all, so if any one would like to co-ordinate things
that's fine by me :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 16-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Sacha

On 16/3/05 9:59, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Charlie, a customer of ours told us the other day that you're holding a
Clematis Day at Hestercombe but I can't remember the date she gave us!
Could you post it, please?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Have posted it under "Hestercombe clematis days"

Someone has already suggested it could be used as a sort of URG meet, I
shall be too busy to actually organise that, but it seems a good idea to
meet a few more of you all, so if any one would like to co-ordinate things
that's fine by me :~)

I wish I could volunteer to do that but while we really hope to be there, we
can't be certain of it so I wouldn't be much help. Nice idea though!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Mike

Someone has already suggested it could be used as a sort of URG meet, I
shall be too busy to actually organise that, but it seems a good idea to
meet a few more of you all, so if any one would like to co-ordinate things
that's fine by me :~)

My organisational skills and the facilities I have available, makes me the
ideal person to carry out the URG meet, I therefore put myself forward and
would welcome the details of when and where in order that I can get the meet
under way.

I can provide coaches from various parts of the country and would welcome
secretaries of Gardening Groups to contact me with possible numbers and
location.

If overnight accommodation is required, this can be arranged as well.

Awaiting your co-operation and prompt reply

Mike

Old 18-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 16/3/05 9:59, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

... snip
Someone has already suggested it could be used as a sort of URG meet, I
shall be too busy to actually organise that, but it seems a good idea to
meet a few more of you all, so if any one would like to co-ordinate things
that's fine by me :~)

I wish I could volunteer to do that but while we really hope to be there, we
can't be certain of it so I wouldn't be much help. Nice idea though!

Same here and we too hope to be there.

However does it have to be organised? Couldn't any urglers attending
just make themselves known, say by wearing a small badge with 'urg'
on it? Then it would be up to each of us to greet one another.

Nearer the time there could be a thread asking who hopes to get there
and which day.

Just a thought, as there are tea rooms there see:- www.hestercombe.com
So food doesn't seem to be a problem and there is also a link to 'places
to stay'!

Jennifer

Old 18-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Sacha

On 18/3/05 10:12, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 16/3/05 9:59, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

... snip
[...]

All good ideas and info! No, I can't see that it has to be organised as
such, especially as it's in a public place and not someone's house. We
could certainly all wear little URG badges with our names on and it might
help to look at the web ring photographs of earlier meets to familiarise
ourselves with faces. I *think* I'll recognise you, Jennifer but mind you,
as this isn't Tresco.....
Note to other urglers - Edward & Jennifer came to an urg meet at my place
and we have kept in touch ever since. Imagine our surprise on our last
visit to Tresco to bump in the Sparkes on our last day, all of us strolling
round the Abbey gardens! I mean, Tresco's a wonderful place but it's hardly
the hub of the Universe!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Ping Charlie Pridham again Pam Moore[_2_] United Kingdom 1 29-04-2013 03:56 PM
Ping Charlie Pridham [email protected] United Kingdom 15 18-10-2007 08:25 AM
Query for Charlie Sacha United Kingdom 6 21-07-2007 10:41 AM
Ground Ivy Creeping Charlie Anom Lawns 2 10-05-2004 03:05 AM
creeping charlie rosie readandpost Gardening 3 01-06-2003 02:08 PM