GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plug Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/90972-plug-plants.html)

Janet Bennett 15-03-2005 05:12 PM

Plug Plants

Going on from earlier posting plug plants from Lidl - have purchased
some today, and have planted two in 3 inch pots. Now do I need to spread
anything over the surface, gravel, perlite etc. as I haven't done so, will
they rot without any surface covering? Do I need to feed them as I've
planted them in Multi purpose compost from Focus?

TIA

--
Jan

JennyC 15-03-2005 05:24 PM

"Janet Bennett" wrote in message
Going on from earlier posting plug plants from Lidl - have purchased
some today, and have planted two in 3 inch pots. Now do I need to spread
anything over the surface, gravel, perlite etc. as I haven't done so, will
they rot without any surface covering?

No

Do I need to feed them as I've
planted them in Multi purpose compost from Focus?

No :~)
The compost will contain enough nutrients for them for now.
They will go all leggy if you feed them too much at the start.

Jenny