Old 16-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Ang Ang is offline
Registered User

Default In a panic!!

Everytime I read a gardening magazine they have a list of things to do this week, things you should have done by now etc...and I havent done half of them!.....Up here ( Worcester) the weather hasnt been that mild so Ive delayed planting broad beans, parsnips peas etc. ( On the advice of yet another gardening magazine)

I'm new to veg growing so greedily guy all these mags...what has everyone else here been doing..and will I starve this year!!!
Old 16-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Registered User

Don't panic! There's no point sowing or planting out in the cold. While you're waiting for the weather, prepare your beds or ground, sort out what you'll need for the growing season, then sit back and dream about lovely veg until the sun comes out!
Old 16-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Broadback

Kay wrote:
In article , Ang
rdenbanter.co.uk writes

Everytime I read a gardening magazine they have a list of things to do
this week, things you should have done by now etc...and I havent done
half of them!.....Up here ( Worcester)

The first time I grew vegetables here I was unable to plant until late,
as the garden was in turmoil. I have never had such a good crop since.
I realy believe that most of us are so anxious to see the end of the
Winter that we plant to early.
Old 16-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Kay

In article , Broadback
writes
Kay wrote:

No, I didn't write any of this! Please can you be more careful with
attributions.

In article , Ang
rdenbanter.co.uk writes

--
Kay

Old 16-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Amos E Wolfe

"Ang" wrote:

Everytime I read a gardening magazine they have a list of things to do
this week, things you should have done by now etc...and I havent done
half of them!.....

Simple solution: don't buy the magazines! I would recommend saving the money
and buy one or two of the excellent books "The ....... Expert"* series by
Dr. D. G. Hessayon which are around £6.99 - around the same as two magazines
and will last much longer.

*Replace "......." with "vegetable and herb", "shrub", "rose", etc to form
an extensive list of titles.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

*No commercial interest, just love the books and dislike magazines.