Old 17-03-2005, 01:43 AM

Default cottage gardens

hi- I will be in the uk visiting this summer- does anyone know of any
public 'cottage gardens' i can visit to get some ideas for my own
gardens back home?
thanks!

Old 17-03-2005, 02:03 PM

And your local library will give you for free a copy of the yellow

book for
your county if you're only interested in local ones. I got mine this

week.

Steve

good advice but not so useful for someone not currently located within
the UK, such as the OP.
;}

Old 17-03-2005, 02:24 PM
shazzbat

wrote in message
oups.com...

And your local library will give you for free a copy of the yellow

book for
your county if you're only interested in local ones. I got mine this

week.

Steve

good advice but not so useful for someone not currently located within
the UK, such as the OP.
;}

I think the library will still be there in summer :-))

Old 17-03-2005, 03:15 PM
jane

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:24:56 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

~
wrote in message
roups.com...
~
~ And your local library will give you for free a copy of the yellow
~ book for
~ your county if you're only interested in local ones. I got mine this
~ week.
~
~ Steve
~
~ good advice but not so useful for someone not currently located within
~ the UK, such as the OP.
~ ;}
~
~I think the library will still be there in summer :-))
~
~
They have a website too.
http://www.ngs.org.uk/search1.htm
is the garden finder.

The OP can put in the dates they are in the UK, the county they are
visiting and find all the local open gardens. The gardens are also
described so you can pick cottagey ones out.

hope this helps

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 17-03-2005, 03:21 PM
jane

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:24:56 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

~
wrote in message
roups.com...
~
~ And your local library will give you for free a copy of the yellow
~ book for
~ your county if you're only interested in local ones. I got mine this
~ week.
~
~ Steve
~
~ good advice but not so useful for someone not currently located within
~ the UK, such as the OP.
~ ;}
~
~I think the library will still be there in summer :-))
~
~
this is weird - I posted an answer to this and checked it had arrived,
only to find it with a cancelled mark by it and it vanished when I
tried to re-download!

Anyway, here's what I had got...

The NGS have a website too.
http://www.ngs.org.uk/search1.htm
is the garden finder.

The OP can put in the dates they are in the UK, the county they are
visiting and find all the local open gardens. The gardens are also
described so you can pick cottagey ones out.

right - try again...
--
jane

Mark Twain