GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Taming the garden... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91206-taming-garden.html)

Marcus Fox 21-03-2005 02:48 AM

Taming the garden...

What's the best way of tackling an extremely weedy, overgrown, very uneven
garden and setting it to lawn? Prefer using grass seed. Don't want to mess
around with turf. What's the best way to get all the weeds out, weedkiller,
or scraping down to soil level and using suppressing fabric for a while
before digging it over? Don't want a "kill all" weedkiller as have some
trees and other woody plants that I want to keep. Any good websites anyone
could suggest?

Marcus

Magwitch 26-03-2005 11:40 AM

Marcus Fox muttered:

What's the best way of tackling an extremely weedy, overgrown, very uneven
garden and setting it to lawn? Prefer using grass seed. Don't want to mess
around with turf. What's the best way to get all the weeds out, weedkiller,
or scraping down to soil level and using suppressing fabric for a while
before digging it over? Don't want a "kill all" weedkiller as have some
trees and other woody plants that I want to keep. Any good websites anyone
could suggest?

Marcus

All you need to know...

http://www.crocus.co.uk/alanshowto/makingalawn/