Old 21-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Pam Morris

Default Ladybirds galore

I had loads of ladybirds in my garden on Saturday (weather was sunny and
warm!), I counted 40 on just one 12-foot section of willow fencing with many
more on the shed, arch and of course the plants. Lots of them were in pairs
(ah spring has sprung, the time for romance) but there were a few clusters
of 3s and 4s. I assume they have spent the winter in my garden and hope
that they produce lots of lovely little aphid-eating machines!!

Pam
North Kent

Old 21-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Eleni

"Pam Morris" wrote in message
I had loads of ladybirds in my garden on Saturday (weather was sunny and
warm!), I counted 40 on just one 12-foot section of willow fencing with
many
more on the shed, arch and of course the plants. Lots of them were in
pairs
(ah spring has sprung, the time for romance) but there were a few clusters
of 3s and 4s. I assume they have spent the winter in my garden and hope
that they produce lots of lovely little aphid-eating machines!!

Pam
North Kent

Hi Pam

I would willingly swap some of your ladybirds for some of my aphids! I'm in
Sheffield so not a very practical idea.

Eleni.

Old 27-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Lee and Kath

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:58:51 GMT, "Eleni" wrote:

"Pam Morris" wrote in message
I had loads of ladybirds in my garden on Saturday (weather was sunny and
warm!), I counted 40 on just one 12-foot section of willow fencing with
many
more on the shed, arch and of course the plants. Lots of them were in
pairs
(ah spring has sprung, the time for romance) but there were a few clusters
of 3s and 4s. I assume they have spent the winter in my garden and hope
that they produce lots of lovely little aphid-eating machines!!

Pam
North Kent

Hi Pam

I would willingly swap some of your ladybirds for some of my aphids! I'm in
Sheffield so not a very practical idea.

Eleni.

Keep alook-out for the large foreign predator ones.Some government or university dept wants the info
on the spread of these horrors PDQ.

Kath

Jack o' lanterns galore simy1 Gardening 3 24-09-2004 03:34 PM
Shrubs galore! Jo United Kingdom 4 17-05-2004 11:08 PM
Phals galore! Reka Orchids 5 20-04-2004 02:03 AM
Odp: Phals galore! samaki Orchids 0 20-04-2004 12:06 AM
tomatoes galore! lieven Edible Gardening 0 27-01-2003 10:49 PM