GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pocket Handkerchief Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91263-pocket-handkerchief-tree.html)

Chris Potts 22-03-2005 10:50 AM

Pocket Handkerchief Tree

Hello All,

I have some seeds of a Pocket Handkerchief Tree (Davaidia involucrata)
and wonder if anyone has had experience of germinating them. They look
very much like peach stones. Do they need any special treatment.

Thank you,

All the best,

Chris Potts.

Brian 22-03-2005 10:45 PM

"Chris Potts" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have some seeds of a Pocket Handkerchief Tree (Davaidia involucrata)
and wonder if anyone has had experience of germinating them. They look
very much like peach stones. Do they need any special treatment.

Thank you,

All the best,

Chris Potts.

------------------------------
Propagation from seeds is quite usual but initial germination takes a
good two years. Seemingly best to weaken the shell by sanding.
Best Wishes Brian.

Chris Potts 23-03-2005 09:08 AM

Brian wrote:
"Chris Potts" wrote in message

Hello All,

I have some seeds of a Pocket Handkerchief Tree (Davaidia involucrata)
and wonder if anyone has had experience of germinating them. They look
very much like peach stones. Do they need any special treatment.

Thank you,

All the best,

Chris Potts.

Propagation from seeds is quite usual but initial germination takes a
good two years. Seemingly best to weaken the shell by sanding.
Best Wishes Brian.

Gosh, Thanks for that. I will put them in a pot and leave them.

All the best,

Chris Potts