Old 16-01-2003, 05:30 AM
ken sands

Default where to get flowers of sulphur

also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many times as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't know
where I can buy it.

I posted on england.rec.gardening aswell, which of these lists is for me?

Ken.

Old 16-01-2003, 08:30 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , ken sands
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many times as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't know
where I can buy it.

Chase Organics at http://www.organiccatalog.com/ are selling Yellow
Suplhur for GBP2.90 for a 225g puffer pack.

--
dave @ stejonda

Sch News from Brighton, UK http://www.schnews.org.uk/
John Le Carre on war with Iraq http://commondreams.org/views03/0115-01.htm
Old 16-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Drakanthus

writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't

know
where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it has
medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.
--
Drakanthus.

( Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the
subject line or emails will never reach me.)

Old 16-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Kay Easton

In article ,
Drakanthus writes
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't

know
where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it has
medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.
--

eg in Brimstone and treacle? ;-)
My grandfather (pharmacist in the early 20th C) used to sell that -

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 16-01-2003, 07:34 PM
ned

Drakanthus wrote:
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned
many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I
don't know where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it
has medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.

Yes, that was where I bought mine from, too.
--
ned

Old 16-01-2003, 09:43 PM
paul olive

you can get some from chemical catolugues, but you need to be a business
school or home ed to order from the catolouge I know. Luckily i am home ed,
so could get it for you.

Old 17-01-2003, 07:28 PM

N A Kay's have sulphur and sulphur chips at £1.99 per 100g for the former,
£2.95 per 750g the latter. I don't know if either of these qualifies as
flowers of sulphur.

Steve
Old 17-01-2003, 08:31 PM
ken sands

Thanks all, have found some now.

wrote in message
N A Kay's have sulphur and sulphur chips at £1.99 per 100g for the former,
£2.95 per 750g the latter. I don't know if either of these qualifies as
flowers of sulphur.

Steve

Use of Sulphur David Hill United Kingdom 33 03-02-2004 12:32 AM
Sulphur Candle? SH United Kingdom 1 31-01-2004 03:33 PM
Is sulphur powder the least costly way to lower PH ? Texas 12 09-06-2003 02:56 PM
Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book John T. Jarrett Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
[IBC] Lime Sulphur Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 2 29-03-2003 12:44 PM