Old 28-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Anna

Default Will you name my dwarf conifer?

It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

--
Anna
Old 28-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Brian Watson

"George"

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Old 28-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Anna

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:09:30 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis ‘George
Washington’, it's described as a *conical* or *golden pyramid*.
While mine is not at all pyramid-like, more like globe-shaped with a
rather pointed top - really more in the shape of a heart upside down.

--
Anna
Old 28-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Ian Cox

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:23:41 +0100, Anna wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis ‘George
Washington’, it's described as a *conical* or *golden pyramid*.
While mine is not at all pyramid-like, more like globe-shaped with a
rather pointed top - really more in the shape of a heart upside down.

listens for sound of penny dropping

;O)

--
Ian Cox
Sutton-in-Ashfield
Old 28-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Emrys Davies

"Anna" wrote in message
It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

--
Anna

Is it Chamaecyparis lawsonia Pygmaea Argentea?

http://tinyurl.com/3ow6m

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:56 AM
JennyC

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
"George"
--
Brian

"Mildred"

Jenny :~)

Old 28-03-2005, 01:28 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Anna" wrote in message
It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

It is called martin.

Old 28-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Anna

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:19:31 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:
Is it Chamaecyparis lawsonia Pygmaea Argentea?

http://tinyurl.com/3ow6m

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Hey, I really think that's what it is - so grateful to you, Emrys.

All other tongue-in-cheek responses also appreciated ;-)

--
Anna
Old 29-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Brian Watson

wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis 'George
Washington', it's described as a *conical*

It may be described as conical, but it doesn't make me laugh.

--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Old 29-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Brian Watson

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
"George"

"Mildred"

We should be sure; it's ability to breed depends on it.

;-)

--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
dwarf vs. ultra dwarf fruit trees Me Gardening 4 11-11-2008 08:42 PM
Name That Conifer! paghat Gardening 2 03-03-2005 04:10 PM
dwarf conifer (wind burn) Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 0 31-05-2003 08:56 AM