GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Allotments (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91548-allotments.html)

Mike 28-03-2005 02:36 PM

Allotments

Did the new newsgroup dedicated to allotment holders get anywhere?

Unable to find one on a newsgroup search.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

sahara 28-03-2005 06:54 PM

"Mike" wrote in message ...
Did the new newsgroup dedicated to allotment holders get anywhere?

Unable to find one on a newsgroup search.

Mike

Ask here on uk.rec.gardening, there are a lot of allotmenters here.
sarah a

Mike 28-03-2005 07:05 PM

"sahara" wrote in message
m...
"Mike" wrote in message

Did the new newsgroup dedicated to allotment holders get anywhere?

Unable to find one on a newsgroup search.

Mike

Ask here on uk.rec.gardening, there are a lot of allotmenters here.
sarah a

Sorry you missed the question. A short while ago, someone suggested a
uk.rec.allotments and quite a 'battle' ensued between the 'don't confuse us
with allotment holders, we are gardeners' and the 'we would like to ask
questions of and by, like minded people'. I just wondered if anything
happened and did the allotment group get set up. I cannot find it.

Mike

shazzbat 28-03-2005 08:31 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
"sahara" wrote in message
m...
"Mike" wrote in message

Did the new newsgroup dedicated to allotment holders get anywhere?

Unable to find one on a newsgroup search.

Mike

Ask here on uk.rec.gardening, there are a lot of allotmenters here.
sarah a

Sorry you missed the question. A short while ago, someone suggested a
uk.rec.allotments and quite a 'battle' ensued between the 'don't confuse

us
with allotment holders, we are gardeners' and the 'we would like to ask
questions of and by, like minded people'. I just wondered if anything
happened and did the allotment group get set up. I cannot find it.

Mike

A vote was taken and the No's had it. As promised, I'm not whining

Steve.