Old 16-01-2003, 02:28 PM
papa

Default Cyperus papyrus "nanus"

I wonder if anyone has experience of growing this. I have rudimentary and
cursory care tips from thr nursery that I bought them from but would be
grateful for any other info.

regards

Philip

Old 19-01-2003, 12:28 PM
TheGardener

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote in
message ...
I wonder if anyone has experience of growing this. I have rudimentary

and
cursory care tips from thr nursery that I bought them from but would be
grateful for any other info.

regards

Philip

I've grown this plant in the past. I planted it in multi-purpose compost,
and kept the pot constantly in water, feeding it now and again. It needs
warm and bright conditions, so I kept mine in the conservatory. It grew
very well, but I found the stems to be quite weak, and it was always
flopping about, so needed support. It's very easy to propagate, every
rosette which reached the water rooted, and threw up new shoots! I
personally prefer the huge Cyperus papyrus - more my kind of plant!
--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Old 19-01-2003, 12:46 PM
david

This is a plant I first saw 3 years ago and was unable to buy, haven't seen
it since, so am still after a plant

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 19-01-2003, 04:07 PM
TheGardener

"david" wrote in message
This is a plant I first saw 3 years ago and was unable to buy, haven't

seen
it since, so am still after a plant

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I'd love to help you out with a cutting David, but unfortunately, I don't

have the plant any more, and the nursery I bought it from closed down about
two years ago. Sorry......

Old 19-01-2003, 04:49 PM
david

"I'd love to help you out with a cutting David, but unfortunately, I don't
have the plant any more, and the nursery I bought it from closed down about
two years ago. Sorry"

Just my luck, but thanks anyway

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 19-01-2003, 10:05 PM
papa

I just bought mine from Mulu. They do mail order (mine took 2 days!)

Old 20-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Natalie

You can find them at www.mulu.co.uk

regards

Philip

Thanks for the link Philip. Shame we've just missed their 25% off sale :-(

Natalie

Old 20-01-2003, 02:29 PM
papa

Be cheeky! see if you they will still do the discount. You'll never know
unless you ask.... :-)

Thanks for the link Philip. Shame we've just missed their 25% off sale

:-(

Natalie