GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Old Tree Roots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91697-old-tree-roots.html)

Dave Herring 30-03-2005 04:08 PM

Old Tree Roots

Hi,

I have what used to be a 'Tortured Hazel' stump in my front garden. This has been dead for several years and is gradually rotting away having been cut off just above ground level following fungal attack rendering it unsafe.

I now want to plant another tree within 3 feet of this stump. I would prefer not to have to remove the old tree as I recovering from surgery and do not relish the task. Am I likely to run in to difficulties leaving the old stump in situ?

Cheers,

Dave