GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Limequat dropping leaves ??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9180-limequat-dropping-leaves.html)

gray 18-01-2003 07:20 PM

Limequat dropping leaves ???

My limequat has just started dropping all of its leaves. The shoot tips are
turning a greeny shade of gray, that is going all the way down each of its
stems. I've tried cutting off the tips, but it does not stop it.

I think it might have a virus ??

Any advice on how to make it survive.

Nick Maclaren 19-01-2003 11:19 AM

Limequat dropping leaves ???

In article ,
gray wrote:
My limequat has just started dropping all of its leaves. The shoot tips are
turning a greeny shade of gray, that is going all the way down each of its
stems. I've tried cutting off the tips, but it does not stop it.

I think it might have a virus ??

That sounds more likely to be fungal. I find citrus quite tricky,
on the grounds that they are sensitive to overwatering, underwatering,
low temperatures, high temperatures, temperature variations, scale
insects and so on. I would definitely check for those, and spray
the leaves against insects and mites (e.g. soft soap or detergent
and meths, saturating the leaves), but you may already have done.

If it is fungal, I don't have a clue. Most treatments are toxic or
ineffective or both.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679