Old 20-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Alan Smith

Default Tree Stump Removal

I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product called 'Stump
Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

Cany any one help please?

Alan

Old 20-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Drakanthus

"Alan Smith" wrote in message
I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product called

'Stump
Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

Cany any one help please?

Alan

I don't know where you can buy it either - I guess we are both stumped ;-)
Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.
Drakanthus.

( Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the
subject line or emails will never reach me.)

Old 20-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Emrys Davies

'Alan',

Could not find a retailer in the UK.

http://www.mastergardening.com/too-2049.html

http://doityourself.com/store/6317036.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 20-01-2003, 06:51 PM
ned

Alan Smith wrote:
I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product
called 'Stump Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

Cany any one help please?

I think most of the chemical removal preparations require a lot of
patience. They are not going to act overnight.

On the other hand, a mechanical 'stump grinder' will do the job before
your very eyes. They come in all sizes but the smaller ones aren't all
that cumbersome and should go through the average garden gate. Maybe
not to be recommended as a DIY exercise, but your average (qualified)
tree surgeon should have one.

--
ned

Old 20-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Alan Smith
writes
I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product called 'Stump
Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

If you don't mind using chemicals, ammonium sulphamate is often
recommended - sold as Amicide or Rootout, but it needs very careful
handling. Other more organic methods are suggested in the HDRA Factsheet
no. GG11 called 'Dealing with stumps'.

HDRA: www.hdra.org.uk
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 20-01-2003, 11:41 PM
bnd777

Actually its called ROOT OUT or Ammonium Sulphamate and is certainly
availble at my Wyvale Garden Centre but suggest you also try Farm and Garden
suppliers

Old 21-01-2003, 01:12 AM

"Alan Smith" wrote in message
I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product called

'Stump
Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

I found my local tree surgeon was willing to come and take out several
stumps with a stump grinding machine for a very reasonable price. His needed
wheeled vehicle access, but there are hand-held machines about. It is a lot
quicker than any chemical.

Colin Bignell

Old 25-01-2003, 08:05 PM
g stott

its easier to hire a stump grinder. most tool hire shops carry one.

graham
Old 29-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g stott View Post
its easier to hire a stump grinder. most tool hire shops carry one.

graham
I wouldnt advise on killer chemicals, as it usually takes years for them to work, and you still have the problem of what to do with the rotted stumps.

Stump grinding is the most effective thing to do. Even though there is the cost associated.

Sometimes stump grinding businesses will do a very good deal in quiet periods.

Tree Stump Removal Michael_Garden Gardening 7 20-06-2012 03:12 PM
Stump Removal Wanda Too Australia 14 30-01-2004 06:18 AM
tree stump removal Giggles Gardening 6 30-09-2003 04:02 AM
Stump removal Frank K. Lawns 6 14-09-2003 02:32 PM
tree stump removal DScott Texas 18 12-09-2003 02:02 PM