Old 22-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Frogs (was Millions Infected...)

Victoria Clare wrote in
. 240.5:

Gary Woods wrote in
:

It's below zero (Farenheit, alas) in the northeastern American
Colonies. Now I've got cabin fever _and_ frostbite!

Seed catalogs coming in every day, though. They know what they're
doing!

I sowed my various geranium seeds in a fit of enthusiasm after
Christmas, having ordered early.

Ooo, I forgot to say that yesterday there was a frog orgy going on in my
pond. Either those frogs know something I don't about the weather, or they
are *really* optimistic...

Victoria
Old 22-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Kay Easton

In article . 5,
Victoria Clare writes

Ooo, I forgot to say that yesterday there was a frog orgy going on in my
pond. Either those frogs know something I don't about the weather, or they
are *really* optimistic...

Ha!

The start of the annual urg frog spotting trail that starts about now in
Cornwall and reaches Yorkshire somewhere in April ...
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 22-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:22:08 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Ooo, I forgot to say that yesterday there was a frog orgy going on in my
pond. Either those frogs know something I don't about the weather, or they
are *really* optimistic...

I attended graduate school in Rochester, New York from 1965 to
1970. Rochester, like Albany whence Gary Woods posts, has long,
cold, snowy winters. Very long, very cold, and *very* snowy,
being 100 miles or so downwind from Lake Erie. Yet every spring,
the "spring peepers" (small treefrogs) would start their shouting
when the weather was still downright vile outside. It always
lifted my heart to hear their uproar, because it said "spring
isn't far away".

Yes, those frogs know something about the weather.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 23-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Gary Woods

(Rodger Whitlock) wrote:

Rochester, like Albany whence Gary Woods posts, has long,
cold, snowy winters.

This year, I have had more snow than my daughter and son in law in
Rochester!'
Veering even further off-topic, I was out there this weekend for the
Christening of the most beautiful granddaughter ever seen. Pictures to be
posted soon.
The temperature got up to +4 today. Another reason we should convert to
Celsius; it would have been much warmer then!
And there's a vest pocket bog across the street from me, so I'm the first
to know when the peepers are awake and courting.