GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dove droppings suitable for compost heap? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/92144-dove-droppings-suitable-compost-heap.html)

[email protected] 08-04-2005 04:43 PM

dove droppings suitable for compost heap?

Hi,

My neighbour keeps doves in his backgarden. I keep a compost heap in
mine. Is it safe to put bird waste from his aviary onto my compost?

Rgds,
Kevin.

Nick Maclaren 08-04-2005 04:59 PM

In article .com,
" writes:

| My neighbour keeps doves in his backgarden. I keep a compost heap in
| mine. Is it safe to put bird waste from his aviary onto my compost?

Unless his doves are already a health hazard to the neighbourhood,
unquestionably yes. Don't breath its dust more than you can help;
once it is dampened down, it will rot very quickly.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.