Old 08-04-2005, 04:43 PM

Default dove droppings suitable for compost heap?

Hi,

My neighbour keeps doves in his backgarden. I keep a compost heap in
mine. Is it safe to put bird waste from his aviary onto my compost?

Rgds,
Kevin.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
" writes:

| My neighbour keeps doves in his backgarden. I keep a compost heap in
| mine. Is it safe to put bird waste from his aviary onto my compost?

Unless his doves are already a health hazard to the neighbourhood,
unquestionably yes. Don't breath its dust more than you can help;
once it is dampened down, it will rot very quickly.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

How can you re-use compost if you don't have a compost heap? BlackThumb Gardening 8 26-05-2012 01:12 PM
Mama Dove Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 06-06-2010 04:36 PM
Two Acre Wood (Love E Dove E) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 3 14-02-2008 05:18 PM
Sarcochilus Dove Crimson X Zoe Crimson 3 P Max Orchid Photos 0 01-03-2007 11:24 AM
Baby Dove Mark A. Luna Texas 3 18-05-2003 01:32 PM