GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   is this jasmine? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/92240-jasmine.html)

congokid 10-04-2005 05:59 PM

is this jasmine?

If so, or even if not, when is the best time to prune as my two bushes
are getting on the large side?

http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/bush03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower01.jpg

Thanks

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google

Emrys Davies 10-04-2005 06:47 PM

"congokid" wrote in message
If so, or even if not, when is the best time to prune as my two bushes
are getting on the large side?

http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/bush03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower01.jpg

Thanks

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com

You have a good specimen of choisya ternata
http://www.liddlewonder.co.nz/PlantG...hoisyaTernata/
which is in Group 8 for pruning purposes, as described here
http://tinyurl.com/4yj34

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Brian 10-04-2005 06:59 PM

"congokid" wrote in message
If so, or even if not, when is the best time to prune as my two bushes
are getting on the large side?

http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/bush03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower01.jpg

Thanks

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com

_______________________-
Not Jasmine but a very good specimen of Choisya ternata~ Mexican
Orange. Doesn't need pruning but can be cut back after flowering if
necessary. It will produce new growth.
Best Wishes Brian.

Kay 10-04-2005 07:09 PM

In article , congokid
writes
If so, or even if not, when is the best time to prune as my two bushes
are getting on the large side?

http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/bush03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower01.jpg

No, that's Choisya ternata (Mexican orange blossom)
Lucky you!
--
Kay

congokid 10-04-2005 08:01 PM

In message , Kay
writes
In article , congokid
writes
If so, or even if not, when is the best time to prune as my two bushes
are getting on the large side?

http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/bush03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower03.jpg
http://www.congokid.demon.co.uk/photos/flower01.jpg

No, that's Choisya ternata (Mexican orange blossom)
Lucky you!

Thanks everyone for all the responses and info.