Old 11-04-2005, 10:19 AM
SH

Default growpots in growbags?

I'm about to plant out my tomato plants and am interested in the plastic
Growpots which are inserted into growbags.
Does anyone have any experience of these and who stocks them and how much do
they cost please?
Thanks.
Sally

Old 11-04-2005, 10:35 AM
SH

"SH" wrote in message
I'm about to plant out my tomato plants and am interested in the plastic
Growpots which are inserted into growbags.
Does anyone have any experience of these and who stocks them and how much
do they cost please?
Thanks.
Sally

I mean the green reusable ones with watering ring.
Sally

Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 PM
CK

Hi Sally,

I am also interested in them but they are rather expensive, from £10-14.5
for 3s and a bit discount if you buy a pack of 6s.

You can find some online shops selling them:
http://www.garden-innovations.co.uk/index.html £10
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...ts/GWT-400.htm
£12.96
http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...roducts_id=615 £14.5
http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSi...HAND_GROWPOTS/ £14.95
I would like to know too whether there is any other place to buy it cheaply.
Besides, it is really good.

Hope it can help.

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth

Old 11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Phil L

SH wrote:
:: I'm about to plant out my tomato plants and am interested in the
:: plastic Growpots which are inserted into growbags.
:: Does anyone have any experience of these and who stocks them and
:: how much do they cost please?
:: Thanks.
:: Sally

Cut the bottoms out of some cheap large pots or small buckets, this is where
the manufacturers hit on the idea in the first place, people were doing just
this, my dad used this system over 25 years ago.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004

Old 11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
SH

"SH" wrote in message

"SH" wrote in message
I'm about to plant out my tomato plants and am interested in the plastic
Growpots which are inserted into growbags.
Does anyone have any experience of these and who stocks them and how
much do they cost please?
Thanks.
Sally

I've been doing a bit of research like you and found 6 for £21.90 including
p&p at http://www.greatgardeningoffers.co.u...ic-11608-1.stm or
£12.95 for 3. Because the garden innovations link you gave charge £3.50
p&p they work out more expensive.
I have used pots before with the bottom cut out but these have the advantage
of having a reservoir for water.
Thanks for your help.
Sally

Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
CK

Hi Sally and Phil,

I had used ring culture last year and inserted inverted plastic bottles with
bottom cut off in the growbags. I used those bottles in soil too as I would
like to keep the top inch of soil dry to discourage weeds, slugs and snails.

There are several reasons that I am interested in grow pots. Firstly the
same reason as Sally as they can hold much more water, 4 pints. It is a bit
difficult to hold an inverted bottom with this volume firmly in my windy
garden (I only got a 6' x 8' greenhouse, not enough for all tomato plants).

Another reason is not for tomato but for courgette. We had lost a number of
plants at the beginning of the season due to the growing point of plants
being eaten. Then, as we usually have a holiday away for over 2 weeks in
the summer, we usually have the problem of powdery mildew when we come back.
Finally, it seems that slugs and snails like young courgettes. (I have also
considered slug and snail shokka mat which is also an expensive stuff.) So I
think using grow pots may help to solve or ease the problems.

This year, my parents-in-law need to give up growing their tomato as the
health situation. I am considering giving them some bushy tomatoes in grow
pots on grow bags. So there is no need of pruning, no need to water several
times a day.

It is the third year I have home grown vegetables so still a lot of trial
and error. Sally, your finding is cheaper than mine. I will have a look in
the website and see whether I can find other stuff useful so I will not
waste the money. Thank you.

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth

Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 PM
SH

"CK" wrote in message
[...]

Hi CK,
I did exactly the same as you last year - 2 litre plastic bottles which
worked quite well and shall still use them for tomatoes and cucumbers which
are planted in large tubs. I too suffer from slugs and snails, or used to
perhaps, because now I have free range chickens! I shall have to keep the
growing young plants out of their reach until they become established.
Sally

Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH View Post
"CK" wrote in message
[...]

Hi all at garden banter, If anyone would like more information on growpots or any of the other products we have in the pipeline dont hesitate to contact us .
Old 07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp View Post
Hi all at garden banter, If anyone would like more information on growpots or any of the other products we have in the pipeline dont hesitate to contact us .
or

Growbags in trays. mark United Kingdom 13 29-04-2009 08:36 AM
Lidl growbags, checkout and bad backs. Geo United Kingdom 5 26-04-2006 09:09 PM
Organic growbags anon United Kingdom 24 12-06-2005 01:48 PM
tomatoes in in pots growbags SH United Kingdom 6 07-05-2005 08:27 AM
Growbags and watering Dragon United Kingdom 0 26-08-2003 10:24 PM