GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too Early to Plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9240-too-early-plant.html)

Barton 25-01-2003 02:03 AM

Too Early to Plant?

I've just bought from B&Q a couple of those sealed plastic bags with
"crowns" of perennials inside that you're supposed to soak in water before
planting. One is Rudebeckia and the other is Zantedeschia.

Can I plant these outside now or should I wait until about April?

Thanks

JennyC 25-01-2003 07:22 AM

Too Early to Plant?

"Barton" wrote in message
I've just bought from B&Q a couple of those sealed plastic bags with
"crowns" of perennials inside that you're supposed to soak in water

before
planting. One is Rudebeckia and the other is Zantedeschia.

Can I plant these outside now or should I wait until about April?

Thanks

Wait or put them in pots and keep them frost free until you can plant
them out.
jenny

Sue & Bob Hobden 25-01-2003 11:48 PM

Too Early to Plant?

"Barton" wrote in message
I've just bought from B&Q a couple of those sealed plastic bags with
"crowns" of perennials inside that you're supposed to soak in water before
planting. One is Rudebeckia and the other is Zantedeschia.

Can I plant these outside now or should I wait until about April?

Best to pot them up now and keep them in a cool but frost free place, then
plant them later. If the Zantedeschia gets it's roots frosted it's dead.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.