GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   greenhouse staging display in the Midlands (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/92433-greenhouse-staging-display-midlands.html)

Julie White 14-04-2005 11:43 AM

greenhouse staging display in the Midlands

Does anyone know where I can get to see a display of greenhouse
staging in the Midlands, please?

I have just bought my first greenhouse, and now I need staging for it.

I have the brochures that do mail order, but I would like to see what
I am getting before I buy it.

Many thanks

--

Julie White

May there be wind on your back
a smile on your face
and a kite in the sky.
www.kitefliers.co.uk

Emrys Davies 14-04-2005 12:40 PM

"Julie White" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get to see a display of greenhouse
staging in the Midlands, please?

'Julie',

These sites may give you some ideas.

http://tinyurl.com/5f5fn

http://tinyurl.com/4jm5d

http://tinyurl.com/4x27z

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Julie White 14-04-2005 01:56 PM

wow, thanks Emrys - did not get these links when I did a Google
search. Must learn how to use Google better (but not until I get to
spend loads of time in my greenhouse :-)

Many thanks

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:40:37 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

.. .

Magwitch 15-04-2005 01:04 AM

Janet Baraclough muttered:

The message
from Julie White contains these words:

Does anyone know where I can get to see a display of greenhouse
staging in the Midlands, please?

The big manufacturers usually have stands at all the large
horticultural/agricultural shows such as RHS regional shows, Gardener's
World Live, the Three Counties Show etc. Because they are cheek-by-jowl
with their competitors, many of them give special price discounts at
shows (with delivery, you don't have to lug it home).

The lowest price of all can often be had by going on the afternoon of
the last day and offering to buy the display model. The sales staff are
exhausted by then and glad to get away early with minimal packing-up.You
might have to arrange transport in that case, but get a wonderful
bargain.

Janet

We did this at the Game Fair last year and got a real quality set of Triniti
garden chairs and table for @ £500 less than they were offered on the first
day of the show (the last £75 off was achieved by my husband's wonderful
show of amused disinterest in the purchase).

The nicest staging I've seen is the Hercules wooden staging from Robinsons,
liked the picture with two large gentlemen sitting on it and a larger lady
lying on the second tier :o)

newsb 15-04-2005 09:12 AM

In article , Magwitch writes

The nicest staging I've seen is the Hercules wooden staging from Robinsons,
liked the picture with two large gentlemen sitting on it and a larger lady
lying on the second tier :o)

Yep - I've got this and it is just the job as far as I'm concerned. Best
with the second tier included (added rigidity as well as more storage).
Comes in different lengths and depths.

--
regards andyw

Neil Cairns 15-04-2005 09:33 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:43:53 GMT, Julie White
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get to see a display of greenhouse
staging in the Midlands, please?

I have just bought my first greenhouse, and now I need staging for it.

I have the brochures that do mail order, but I would like to see what
I am getting before I buy it.

Many thanks

--

Julie White

May there be wind on your back
a smile on your face
and a kite in the sky.
www.kitefliers.co.uk

If you have a reclaimed timber merchant in your area why not make your
own, my greenhouse is 20ft x 10ft and I have made staging down one
side with 2"x1,1/2" legs and 1,1/2" topbeams then I made removable
tops by 1" x 1,1/2" timber the same lenghth as the top beams.
Now you need help to hold them inside while you screw lats across the
lengths if you do one at one end then at the other you can dow the
rest on your own.
painted with timber preservative they will last for years and when all
your seedlings have been planted out just lift the top of the staging
and you can plant your Tomatoes pepers ect.

Tools saw, power driver and a box of screws.
Neil