GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moss from the roof (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9257-moss-roof.html)

John Martin 26-01-2003 08:56 PM

moss from the roof

I've spent an afternoon clearing moss from the gutters and off of roof
tiles. I've got buckets and buckets of the stuff.

Can I compost it? Or should I save it?!

Alan Gould 27-01-2003 07:30 AM

moss from the roof

In article , John Martin
writes
I've spent an afternoon clearing moss from the gutters and off of roof
tiles. I've got buckets and buckets of the stuff.

Can I compost it? Or should I save it?!

Compost it. It will not provide much bulk, but it is high in nutrients.
If you are setting up hanging baskets it could be used, but ex-gutter
moss tends to carry a lot of dead leaves etc.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.