GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   salvia greggii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9276-salvia-greggii.html)

Liz & Andy 27-01-2003 10:44 PM

salvia greggii

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if salvia greggii or any of its cultivars come true from
seed? I fancy it, but in quantity, making the cost of mature plants
prohibitive. Does anyone know any suppliers of S. Greggii seed?

Liz

Charlie Pridham 28-01-2003 11:09 PM

salvia greggii

"Liz & Andy" wrote in message

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if salvia greggii or any of its cultivars come true from
seed? I fancy it, but in quantity, making the cost of mature plants
prohibitive. Does anyone know any suppliers of S. Greggii seed?

Liz

Don't know about seed but its dead easy from cuttings, buy one and by the
seasons end you will have at least 200 :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

AndyE 29-01-2003 12:44 PM

salvia greggii

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Liz & Andy" wrote in message

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if salvia greggii or any of its cultivars come true

from
seed? I fancy it, but in quantity, making the cost of mature plants
prohibitive. Does anyone know any suppliers of S. Greggii seed?

Liz

Don't know about seed but its dead easy from cuttings, buy one and by the
seasons end you will have at least 200 :~)
--
Thanks, I'll try that - I just prefer seed as I'm getting low on

overwintering space ;)

Liz