Old 21-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Judith Lea

Default poo on lawn

Can you help identify black poo, tapering at one end, loads and loads
everywhere on the lawn, could this be fox - although it would seem to be
from an animal with a small bottom!!
--
Judith Lea

Old 21-04-2005, 08:08 PM
MM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:41:21 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
Can you help identify black poo, tapering at one end, loads and loads
everywhere on the lawn, could this be fox - although it would seem to be
from an animal with a small bottom!!
--
Judith Lea

Hedgehog?

I've had similar stools before, and I know there was a hedgehog in the
garden.

MM
Old 21-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:34:37 +0100, Judith Lea wrote:

Can you help identify black poo, tapering at one end, loads and loads
everywhere on the lawn, could this be fox - although it would seem to be
from an animal with a small bottom!!

About pencil thick or a bit bigger? relatively straight, not curled up,
around 2"-3" long?
Look at it closely it'll have bits of broken beetle wing-cases and stuff in
it. 100% Hedgehog.

--
Tim C.
Old 21-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Kay

In article , Judith Lea
writes
Can you help identify black poo, tapering at one end, loads and loads
everywhere on the lawn, could this be fox - although it would seem to be
from an animal with a small bottom!!

How big?
Hedgehog poo is tapered.
--
Kay

Old 21-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Emrys Davies

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
Can you help identify black poo, tapering at one end, loads and loads
everywhere on the lawn, could this be fox - although it would seem to

be
from an animal with a small bottom!!
--
Judith Lea

Judith,

This image (site) will tell you whether or not it is a hedgehog.

http://www.wildlife-gardening.co.uk/extra%20info.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 21-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Judith Lea

In article , Emrys Davies
writes
Judith,

This image (site) will tell you whether or not it is a hedgehog.

http://www.wildlife-gardening.co.uk/extra%20info.htm

Thank you to everyone who replied - it certainly looks like hedgehog
poo. Obviously I have a family of them - how can I move them on as it
would be impossible for my grandson to roll anywhere on the lawn. I
can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a link?

--
Judith Lea
Old 21-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Magwitch

Judith Lea muttered:

In article , Emrys Davies
writes
Judith,

This image (site) will tell you whether or not it is a hedgehog.

http://www.wildlife-gardening.co.uk/extra%20info.htm

Thank you to everyone who replied - it certainly looks like hedgehog
poo. Obviously I have a family of them - how can I move them on as it
would be impossible for my grandson to roll anywhere on the lawn. I
can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a link?

Oh dear... I knew modern parents were mimsy about the great outdoors and
their children, but I'd have thought a grandparent would have a greater
sense of proportion on these matters.

Hedgehogs eat slugs and snails and all manner of other larvae and insects,
they are very good news in a garden and should be encouraged.

Old 21-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Scott

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:29:04 +0100, Magwitch wrote:

Judith Lea muttered:

In article , Emrys Davies
writes
Judith,

This image (site) will tell you whether or not it is a hedgehog.

http://www.wildlife-gardening.co.uk/extra%20info.htm

Thank you to everyone who replied - it certainly looks like hedgehog
poo. Obviously I have a family of them - how can I move them on as it
would be impossible for my grandson to roll anywhere on the lawn. I
can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a link?

Oh dear... I knew modern parents were mimsy about the great outdoors and
their children, but I'd have thought a grandparent would have a greater
sense of proportion on these matters.

Hedgehogs eat slugs and snails and all manner of other larvae and insects,
they are very good news in a garden and should be encouraged.

What kind of prat would presume a garden is clean just because they
cant see any poop?

Old 22-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Judith Lea

In article , Magwitch writes

Why oh dear! I didn't ask for your personal viewpoint, I asked for
identification of poo to ensure it did not pose a health risk to my
grandson.

I have now had the poo identified and it is, accordingly to the
gamekeeper, fox.

Old 22-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Magwitch

Judith Lea muttered:

In article , Magwitch writes

Why oh dear! I didn't ask for your personal viewpoint, I asked for
identification of poo to ensure it did not pose a health risk to my
grandson.

I have now had the poo identified and it is, accordingly to the
gamekeeper, fox.

Oh dear... I knew modern parents were mimsy about the great outdoors and
their children, but I'd have thought a grandparent would have a greater
sense of proportion on these matters.

Hedgehogs eat slugs and snails and all manner of other larvae and insects,
they are very good news in a garden and should be encouraged.

I sometimes wonder why people don't consider the _mental_ health risks they
impose on children, with their paranoia and hysterical phobias.

Try Googling and see how many children are hospitalised by hedgehog/fox poo
per annum, why don't you? MRSA is a much more serious threat, and more
prevalent in hospitals than back lawns.

Like someone said, "rake it up".

Old 21-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Emrys Davies

"Judith Lea" wrote:

I can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a link?

--
Judith Lea

http://tinyurl.com/8c7ar

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 21-04-2005, 09:12 PM
gavin

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Judith Lea" wrote:

I can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a link?

--
Judith Lea

http://tinyurl.com/8c7ar

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I have also started to get similar unwanted gifts being left on my lawn. I
know there have been foxes seen in our street although I have never seen
one, so I am assuming these are from foxes. So the question is how do I
discourage foxes) or whatever animal it is) from dong this on my lawn?

Gavin

Old 21-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Emrys Davies

"Judith Lea" wrote:

I can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a

link?

--
Judith Lea

http://tinyurl.com/8c7ar

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I have also started to get similar unwanted gifts being left on my

lawn. I
know there have been foxes seen in our street although I have never

seen
one, so I am assuming these are from foxes. So the question is how do

discourage foxes) or whatever animal it is) from dong this on my lawn?

Gavin

I don't think that you will be able to stop foxes from using your
garden. They are very determined and soon get used to whatever you use
to discourage them.

Many years ago I dunked used teabags in an expensive liquid (about £8 a
tin, I think) which I was assured would dispel foxes, and placed them
around young heathers which they were digging up. I watched through my
bedroom window and saw the foxes approach cautiously and after a short
while they started playing games with the teabags.

Hedgehogs are to be encouraged and if it were not for their tiny and
inoffensive droppings you would not know that they had visited you. I
have been feeding them for many many years, but none have turned up so
far this season. Do not give them milk or fish based food.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 22-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Brian Watson

"gavin" wrote in message

I have also started to get similar unwanted gifts being left on my lawn. I
know there have been foxes seen in our street although I have never seen
one, so I am assuming these are from foxes. So the question is how do I
discourage foxes) or whatever animal it is) from dong this on my lawn?

Build a water closet in the shrubbery and speak to them nicely.

--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Dog poo on lawn.. camloc Lawns 1 22-01-2007 04:27 AM
Disappearing poo JKS United Kingdom 17 25-10-2003 07:33 PM
caterpiller poo--found it--it's an orangestripe oakworm Heidi Gardening 2 15-09-2003 04:22 PM
caterpiller poo Heidi Gardening 4 11-09-2003 11:22 PM
Cat poo ( Cats again) Burl Gardening 5 25-05-2003 06:56 PM