GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lily Beetle again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/92804-lily-beetle-again.html)

Pam Moore 21-04-2005 02:35 PM

Lily Beetle again

Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

Magwitch 21-04-2005 02:56 PM

Pam Moore muttered:

Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

Yep, found and squished one last week... inspecting daily from now on.

shazzbat 21-04-2005 03:24 PM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

As I understand it they've covered the south and are heading north. I don't
know how far they've got, I'm on the south coast, we've had them for years.
Steve

p00kie 21-04-2005 08:09 PM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

In the SE here and been seeing them since mid March :-(

nambucca 21-04-2005 10:30 PM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

I found several last year .......picked them off then cleaned off all the
black globs ........on the watch this year

Charlie Pridham 22-04-2005 09:04 AM

"p00kie" wrote in message
k...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

In the SE here and been seeing them since mid March :-(

What do they feed on so early? my lilies are only just showing (and I don't
have the beetle - Yet!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

SH 23-04-2005 12:11 PM

"nambucca" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

I found several last year .......picked them off then cleaned off all the
black globs ........on the watch this year

I've squished lots already. Warning though, I nearly removed a ladybird in
my enthusiasm!

p00kie 23-04-2005 08:37 PM

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"p00kie" wrote in message
k...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

In the SE here and been seeing them since mid March :-(

What do they feed on so early? my lilies are only just showing (and I
don't
have the beetle - Yet!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Fritillarias ... been catching them on them

Spider 25-04-2005 02:04 PM

Pam Moore wrote in message
Today I have seen 2 lily beetles on my potted lilies. If I have found
2 you can bet there are more. Has anyone else got them yet? Is there
any part of the country to which they have not yet spread?

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam and everyone,

Squished my first one in February! I've been squishing them ever since.
I've usually only seen them on my lillies and fritillaries, but this year
I've seen them on Alstroemeria and Alliums .. no damage noted, though.

Spider (In SE London)