Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Sue Begg

Default Moles

Hi, Wondered if anyone had tried the bulbs that are sold to deter moles.
It says to plant them every 10ft or so and the moles will move away.
I am transforming a field into garden and last summer I put in a large
flower bed. Since we are converting a barn into a house I have access to
lots of broken slates so I thought to use them to top off the bed. This
worked fine until Mr Mole started piling the earth back on top of the
slate. I tried an old wives tale and put a pipe from the exhaust down a
tunnel. This made the tunnels smell nasty so it dug lots of replacements
!!
I then got in the local pest chap with his strychnine (sp?) worms. They
haven't worked either. A lot of plants have died because of the
tunnelling through the roots and I am now at my wits end. All
suggestions gratefully received.
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
Moles ROY MCMASTER Australia 4 17-04-2003 01:08 PM
Getting rid of moles Chris Haney North Carolina 7 07-04-2003 02:44 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM
How do you get rid of moles without traps Susan E Desjardins Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 06:44 PM