#1   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Default "Don't you

have a lot of birds in your garden?"

That from a neighbour who has rather a lot of VERMIN CATS :-(((((

Why?

Because we have an Electronic Bird Scarer

OH MY GOD that has up set the net nannies YET AGAIN ;-)))))))))))))))))))))

There is no such thing which is so much good as THE TRUTH

:-))))))))))))))))))

Mike
Who never knowingly tells lies :-))

(Don't worry net nannies, I will be away for 3 WHOLE MONTHS next year when
I take a P & O World Cruise) :-)))))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp



  #2   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Default



Because we have an Electronic Bird Scarer

:-((

Vermin CAT scarer

See, even "I" make mistakes :-))

:-))))))))))))

but then I am pepared to admit it :-))

Bird Scarer? "WE" encourage the birds :-))

Net nannies!!!!!!!!!!

Over to you ;-)


  #3   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Broadback
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mike wrote:
have a lot of birds in your garden?"

That from a neighbour who has rather a lot of VERMIN CATS :-(((((

Why?

Because we have an Electronic Bird Scarer

OH MY GOD that has up set the net nannies YET AGAIN ;-)))))))))))))))))))))

There is no such thing which is so much good as THE TRUTH

:-))))))))))))))))))

Mike
Who never knowingly tells lies :-))

(Don't worry net nannies, I will be away for 3 WHOLE MONTHS next year when
I take a P & O World Cruise) :-)))))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp


What sort of area do these things work over Mike?
  #4   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Default



What sort of area do these things work over Mike?


30 - 40 feet. We have had this one for quite some time, move it about and
not seen ONE bit of cat crap. We did think that it scared the birds away but
as you can see, we have plenty now :-))

Very sorry that others don't believe me, but there it is, their loss :-))

Mike
Who doesn't knowingly tell lies.

(I was asked the other day why I put that in. Muppet, please explain)


  #5   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Mike Lyle
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mike wrote:
What sort of area do these things work over Mike?


30 - 40 feet. We have had this one for quite some time, move it

about
and not seen ONE bit of cat crap. We did think that it scared the
birds away but as you can see, we have plenty now :-))

Very sorry that others don't believe me, but there it is, their

loss
:-))

Mike
Who doesn't knowingly tell lies.

(I was asked the other day why I put that in. Muppet, please

explain)

"What, obsessive-compulsive? ME?"

--
Mike.




  #6   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Howard
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mike wrote:
Because we have an Electronic Bird Scarer


:-((

Vermin CAT scarer


Web site?

--
Howard
  #7   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Tim Challenger
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:15:13 +0100, Broadback wrote:


What sort of area do these things work over Mike?


About the range of a sawn-off shotgun? ;-)
--
Tim C.
  #8   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:15:13 +0100, Broadback wrote:


What sort of area do these things work over Mike?


About the range of a sawn-off shotgun? ;-)
--
Tim C.


About that :-)) It has its advantages in that you don't have to sit there
with the gun cocked ready. The disadvantage is, that whilst the cat clears
off for quite some while, it is still 'warm and upright' and might return to
try it's luck :-(

Mike


  #9   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 03:50 PM
[H]omer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mike wrote:
have a lot of birds in your garden?"

That from a neighbour who has rather a lot of VERMIN CATS :-(((((

Why?

Because we have an Electronic Bird (Ed - meant cat) Scarer


The neighbour's cat is deaf, so the high frequency gizmo we have doesn't
work on it.

I'm currently building various defences against cats (deaf or
otherwise); including Prikka-Strips for the perimeter, repeller rods
impregnated with "essence of lion", and the current PIR detector (for
non-deaf cats).

As a last resort, I may need to buy a gun.

There's always this fun gizmo:

http://www.deteracat.co.uk/products/waterjet.html (commercial link).

The so called "Scarecrow® Motion Activated Water Sprayer".

Wouldn't it chase off the birdies too, though?

Anyway, I don't think my other cat deterrent (the dog) would enjoy being
squirted with water every time she went out for a pee.

-
[H]omer
  #10   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Rod
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:15:13 +0100, Broadback
wrote:


What sort of area do these things work over Mike?


And do they scare badgers off the lawn? - our dearly beloved cats
don't (they're usually asleep) ;~((

=================================================

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
http://website.lineone.net/~rodcraddock/index.html


  #11   Report Post  
Old 25-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Nick Maclaren
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article ,
Rod wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:15:13 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

And do they scare badgers off the lawn? - our dearly beloved cats
don't (they're usually asleep) ;~((


I think that they have fooled you, and they are shamming. Just
exactly HOW would even a group of domestic cats scare a badger?
They have better sense than to try.


Regards,
Nick Maclaren.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you 'old'? (Sod all to do with gardening, so if you don't like it ......don't open it) 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 20 11-10-2009 05:37 PM
A garden related comic, WARNING THIS IS A JPG AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VIEW IT, DON'T (you've been warned) Gloria Gardening 1 28-01-2006 04:03 PM
A garden related comic, WARNING THIS IS A JPG AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VIEW IT, DON'T (you've been warned) Travis M. Gardening 2 21-01-2006 09:25 AM
Don't open if you don't want a bit of a laugh Mike United Kingdom 14 12-06-2005 01:35 AM
OFF: I don't see why children should have to go to school if they don't want to! zhanataya Gardening 0 29-03-2003 04:44 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017