GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellowish leaves on sunflower seedlings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93058-yellowish-leaves-sunflower-seedlings.html)

ken cohen 26-04-2005 06:36 AM

Yellowish leaves on sunflower seedlings

Some of my sunflower seedlings are showing unhealthy looking
yellowish leaves, on the same plant with normal healthy looking green
leaves. Am I overwatering them, or this a sign of some mineral
deficiency, or disease, or what?

Ken Cohen

[email protected] 26-04-2005 04:35 PM

This might sound a bit obvious but, where are these yellow leaves? The
cotyledon leaves (the first to appear from the seed) often wither and
die allowing the stronger 'real' leaves to take over in the energy
production duties.

the_sexy_snail 26-04-2005 05:43 PM

It depends. If it is the two seed leaves at the bottom then this is natural. If it is not them and it is the true plant leaves then in might be over watering, or it might be lack of food.