Old 03-02-2003, 09:34 PM
JimM

Default Greenhouse temp and heating

I'm hoping to raise all my plants from seed this year. I've already sown a
couple of trays in heated propogators on the windowsill and I've got a
greenhouse on order. Got a couple of questions though

1. When the greenhouse arrives how warm will I need to keep it so that I can
safely put my seedlings in it once I've potted them up.

2. The greenhouse is only 6 x 6, any ideas how much wattage I will need to
keep this at the suggested temp

3. What the cheapest method of heating, presumably electric, but what sort
of heater fan, tube etc

Thanks

Jim

--
Remove BRAIN before replying

Old 03-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Kay Easton

In article , JimM
writes
I'm hoping to raise all my plants from seed this year. I've already sown a
couple of trays in heated propogators on the windowsill and I've got a
greenhouse on order. Got a couple of questions though

1. When the greenhouse arrives how warm will I need to keep it so that I can
safely put my seedlings in it once I've potted them up.

2. The greenhouse is only 6 x 6, any ideas how much wattage I will need to
keep this at the suggested temp

3. What the cheapest method of heating, presumably electric, but what sort
of heater fan, tube etc

Before you even think about heating it, first insulate it with a layer
of bubble wrap over the inside, and a curtain of bubble wrap hanging
down over the door to keep out draughts.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/